The Attic (a name which commemorates our first physical location) is, first and foremost, a site for the research students of the School of Museum Studies at the University of Leicester: a virtual community which aims to include all students, be they campus-based and full-time, or distance-learning and overseas. But we welcome contributions from students of museum studies - and allied subject areas - from outside the School and from around the world. Here you will find a lot of serious stuff, like exhibition and research seminar reviews, conference alerts and calls for papers, but there's also some 'fluff'; the things that inspire, distract and keep us going. After all, while we may be dead serious academic types, we're human too.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Greetings!

Hello!

Just popping in to introduce myself to the readers of the Attic! I'm another Jenny, and a new PhD student here at Leicester. I took the MA course last year and am thrilled to be back!

Starting a PhD here is made so much easier by the friendly community - thank you so much all.

I guess I'll tell you a little about myself and then leave you alone until I think of something proper to blog about! My research will look at Time in museums - how the elements which create a museum (architecture, objects, display etc) come together to create a temporal character within that space. I hope also to explore the museum as an embodiment of particular cultural and philosophical notions of Time, what Time is and how it is created and works.

Take care all, I look forward to blogging more soon! Thank you again for the warm welcome.

Jen2

2 comments:

J said...

Your research sounds fabulous, Jenny! Very philosophically ambitious and challenging, no doubt, but with enormous potential!

Jenny said...

Wow, J, thank you! That's really kind of you to say!

I also have to commend you on your mention of The Bell Jar. Good choice.