Greetings!

It's not quite the weekend, and regrettably it's not quite dinner-time either, so I thought I would post something short to introduce myself!

I'm a new PhD student here at Leicester, and my research will explore the European 'cabinet of curiosity' of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. I'm particularly interested in the changing nature of its relationship to museums today, and in how and why the language and iconographies of the cabinet are being re-harnessed as effective vehicles for engaging museum audiences in the twenty-first century.

I've worked and volunteered in a number of museums over the last four years and completed my MA at Leicester only a year ago, so it's great to be back!

Many thanks to the current PhD students who have made me feel so welcome, and I look forward to posting again soon.

Comments

Popular Posts