Museum of Broken Relationships

It's a bleak November afternoon, and I've been feeling down for some time; I needed some schadenfreude to make me perk up. And what could be better than the darkness of the Slavic soul? Indeed, the Croatian Museum of Broken Relationships opened its doors a month ago, and has been an overwhelming success. You can view a selected slideshow here. Puts a new spin on the usual trope of a museum being a place for romantic encounters, doesn't it?

Do you have any souvenirs of past loves? I confess to having kept some love letters (OK, email printouts, we live in the modern age) from past boyfriends, and I still have some of the gifts they gave me; but I don't have anything terribly heart-tuggingly poignant, mainly because I'm not that sort of girl.

Comments

Amy said…
I have a pile of letters (actual letters - I'm old) which I intend to destroy in some sort of crazed shredding fest in the future (hopefully when I acquire a new boyfriend!). But for now they are in a box at the bottom of my wardrobe. Out of sight, out of mind.
Stephanie said…
A few old relics; a drawing, a letter, some photos, all put away. I have a locket which I don't want to wear again, but can't be bothered to throw away.

Popular Posts