The Attic (a name which commemorates our first physical location) is, first and foremost, a site for the research students of the School of Museum Studies at the University of Leicester: a virtual community which aims to include all students, be they campus-based and full-time, or distance-learning and overseas. But we welcome contributions from students of museum studies - and allied subject areas - from outside the School and from around the world. Here you will find a lot of serious stuff, like exhibition and research seminar reviews, conference alerts and calls for papers, but there's also some 'fluff'; the things that inspire, distract and keep us going. After all, while we may be dead serious academic types, we're human too.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Calling all knitters!

Knitted knickers by the queen of subtle


Some of you will already know about my current knitting obsession. Really, it could jeopardise my PhD. ;) Seriously I find it a great way to turn off my frazzled brain and relax. So, imagine my delight to find, not only a Ravelry group devoted to 'Museum Knitters', but a 'PhD Procrastination' group too! (For the uninitiated Ravelry is rather like a Facebook for knitters - but rather more exclusive. You have apply to join.)

Knitters of the world unite!

2 comments:

Lynn Bethke said...

Woo! I founded the Museum Knitters group!

I <3 Ravelry.

Amy said...

Of course - I should have guessed. ;) In actual fact I found out about Ravelry from reading your blog Lynn. Good work!