London, Monday 14 December 2009
Museums | Inclusion | Engagement is a highly-practical, information-packed one-day event in which leading professionals involved in the fields of inclusion and engagement within museums and galleries will share their experiences and insights.
Among the key issues to be addressed will be:
* how to obtain sustainable, ongoing funding to support long-term programmes which make a difference
* how to evaluate the short- and long-term impact of your projects
* how to reaching the most excluded groups or individuals
* how to prioritise your work among the various communities
* how to use new community-based communication media
* how to build the right organisational structure to deliver effective programmes
* what can be learnt from the experience of other sectors working in these fields
Presentations from a range of highly experienced speakers will include strategic overviews, practical how-to sessions, and detailed case-studies.
Who should attend?
The seminar is designed for professionals involved in: social inclusion initiatives; community outreach and engagement; audience development; access initiatives; learning and education; project management; organisational
development; interpretation, design and information; marketing and communication; human resources; and visitor services.
We are currently releasing a limited number of places at a reduced rate of £147, saving a full 25% on the normal rate of £197. These reduced-rate places will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Order online at www.museumsetc.com/?p=933
DEADLINE: 12 December 2009