What's going on with education-related research and evaluation in science centres and science museums? What are you working on? Want to share it with others?
MUSEUM EDUCATION MONITOR (MEM), the monthly e-newsletter, is compiling a list of ongoing research and evaluation projects for the upcoming June
2008 issue. Listings by museum workers, faculty, and students at all levels of study are welcome. This month's focus is work in science centres and science museums but studies in institutions related to other disciplines are equally welcome.
If you wish to share information on your research or evaluation project with others around the world, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org that
- name of project
- question(s) [no more than 50 words, please]
- how the data will be presented
- principal researcher(s)/ evaluator(s)
- site(s) where research is being conducted
- time span
- contact information
- key words/labels to describe the project [no more than 4 or 5, please.
Check out all research listings back to October 2007 at the MEM blog,
"FORUM: Research and Resources in Museum Education"
All listings are free of charge and displayed in their language of origin.
**Deadline for the June issue is Friday June 13, 2008.**
FYI, the following research projects were listed in MEM, May 2008:
- Concepciones sobre adquisición y transmisión de conocimiento científico en investigadores dedicados a la divulgación. [Conceptions about scientific knowledge transmission and acquisition in researchers as science communicators] (Brazil)
UPDATES on research listed in earlier isues of MEM:
- Evaluation of Renaissance in the Regions-funded Education programme at Stoke-on-Trent Museums (United Kingdom)[Available for download]
A complimentary copy of this Museum Education Monitor, May 2008, is available upon request to email@example.com .
Please get in touch for more information about this call or to discuss your research. I look forward to hearing from you!
M. Christine Castle, Editor, Museum Education Monitor firstname.lastname@example.org For more information about Museum Education Monitor visit http://www.mccastle.com
The Attic (a name which commemorates our first physical location) is, first and foremost, a site for the research students of the School of Museum Studies at the University of Leicester: a virtual community which aims to include all students, be they campus-based and full-time, or distance-learning and overseas. But we welcome contributions from students of museum studies - and allied subject areas - from outside the School and from around the world. Here you will find a lot of serious stuff, like exhibition and research seminar reviews, conference alerts and calls for papers, but there's also some 'fluff'; the things that inspire, distract and keep us going. After all, while we may be dead serious academic types, we're human too.