The Attic (a name which commemorates our first physical location) is, first and foremost, a site for the research students of the School of Museum Studies at the University of Leicester: a virtual community which aims to include all students, be they campus-based and full-time, or distance-learning and overseas. But we welcome contributions from students of museum studies - and allied subject areas - from outside the School and from around the world. Here you will find a lot of serious stuff, like exhibition and research seminar reviews, conference alerts and calls for papers, but there's also some 'fluff'; the things that inspire, distract and keep us going. After all, while we may be dead serious academic types, we're human too.

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy 2010 folks! As Ceri pointed out to me on Facebook the other day, we are now 'in the future'. Crazee!

I'm snow-bound in Suffolk at the moment and bored out of my skull, so expect quite a few blog posts from me during the next couple of days. May I also take this opportunity to invite contributors old and new to the blog. Seen a good exhibition, or read a interesting book over the hols? Why not write about it here? If you're not already signed up as a contributor please feel free to contact me.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Yeah, Leicester is fine, actually! But Homehome is snowed out! Ahh, the benefits of living in the city centre. I came back to my flat not so much slipping as squelching...