Research Week Reflections

Well, that's a bit of a misnomer really, because - officially - Research Week isn't yet over, and several of our happy band have gone to spend the day in Norwich (and are probably sitting in a coach stuck in traffic as I write!), but the main part of the programme, the individual presentations, are all now complete.

Personally I really enjoyed the week. Met lots of new lovely colleagues and regained my enthusiasm for my research. Also ate and gossiped FAR too much, but that's another story. ;)

Waking up this morning I felt a tinge of post-holiday sadness. You know, that feeling you get when you have to go back to work after a break? Although it's been busy and tiring, I found everyone's presentations so inspiring and, may I say, the company so delightful, that while wading through my backlog of emails and recordings and photos to upload today, I have felt more than an little melancholic, though to be fair - and as anyone who knows me will confirm - that it my default setting. Oh well, back to the daily grind I suppose. At least the weather is lovely at the moment (that's me being stereotypically British there!).

A couple of points for discussion were raised during yesterday's session, which I thought might generate a little blog debate. More on that, plus reviews and photographs, very shortly.

Comments

Ceri said…
My thoughts on research week:

It was great to meet everyone and put faces to names.

I will echo your comments Amy that it was inspiring to hear about everyone's research... I am only sorry that I could only see a few but that was the fault of a pressing work deadline!

I have suggested on the feedback form that we have some kind of social event to round the week off... I am always busy on a Monday night so have to miss the meal and maybe it is selfish but I would like something at the end of the week to make up for that if possible.

There is the makings of a fantastic research community... and the opportunity is there for those who want to be involved and those who don't.

Can't wait until next year!!

Popular Posts