The Attic (a name which commemorates our first physical location) is, first and foremost, a site for the research students of the School of Museum Studies at the University of Leicester: a virtual community which aims to include all students, be they campus-based and full-time, or distance-learning and overseas. But we welcome contributions from students of museum studies - and allied subject areas - from outside the School and from around the world. Here you will find a lot of serious stuff, like exhibition and research seminar reviews, conference alerts and calls for papers, but there's also some 'fluff'; the things that inspire, distract and keep us going. After all, while we may be dead serious academic types, we're human too.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Lunar Eclipse

It's got nothing to do with museums, museum studies or being a PhD student, but I took some (not very good) photos of the lunar eclipse tonight, and - for want of anything else to blog - I thought I'd share them with you all. Unfortunately my camera zoom isn't very powerful and I didn't get a lot of the detail, including the redness, but they're still pretty cool (in my humble opinion). :)

Here they are:







2 comments:

Anna said...

Wow they are great! I tried to see the moon from our garden but it is so built up with houses it was impossible last night!

Amy said...

Ah, the benefits of having a balcony. ;)

I have to say I was a bit disappointed. I saw a lunar eclipse before, when I was about 15 or 16. That time the moon hung low blood-red in the sky, like a presage of the apocalypse or something! Very scary...